Friday 8 March 2013

ALEXIEMARTOV: IDEAS DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN PROCESS


 This post shows some of my mock ups and practice works for the two AlexieMartov commissions.


This is an early piece i sent to the band to get some feedback. They likeed the media and process but said to develop some simliar ones with crows.





This was another early one for the EP design, very experimental with colours and overlaying a lot of vibrant colour like the band requested. 





Some early colour experimentation with my chosen crow design concept. 




I had numerous colours that I liked but n the end there could only be 4 colours due to the printing processes. 





This is the final outcome for the T-Shirt commission, however I am also developing another T-shirt concept that is more akin to the style of the EP and CD cover commissions. I may be making some small changes to the opacity and the colours/details. I and the band are pretty pleased with the design but agree it just needs a small tweak to reach full potential. 








After some more direction from the band I came up with this design, which they were most pleased with. When Martin (the bands lead guitarist) was a small kid his uncle lived on a farm and used to string up decaying crows to scare away pests and animals from attacking the chickens. I don't know if this process worked but that was the story behind one of the tracks from the EP. They wanted to see three dead crows, each in a different stage of decomposition. 





I'm not 100% sure about the text they have used on the left but It's totally their choice. The AlexeiMartov logo is very good tough and suits their style down to a tea. In the end the band thought the vibrant colour scheme suited their moody psychedelic rock and blues styles well. I am very much looking forward to getting a copy of the vinyl for my collection.  


No comments:

Post a Comment