Tuesday 26 February 2013

TASK THREE: PYLON PRESS

Pylon Press BlogThe Pylon Press Is another brief that offers a lot of interesting possibilities.
Although the brief specifics are not yet available The task offers lots of potential for an artistic free reign. The 24 page A5 booklet is lengthly enough to cater for a long story with the possibility of a detailed narrative that could also include additional text.

Due to the open nature of the brief any concept can be conceived  such as a specific story, set of zines or illustration.

Personally If I choose this brief I would favour a 24 page story, with accompanying text. I took a 'creative writing' module last year and also on my Exeter college course prior, and have a few ideas in the way of a story line. Some of the stories are things that have happened to me in the different jobs I have worked, some form my different travels and other just ideas of my own.

I had a chance to explore some of these ideas, stories and characters during this module but always thought that some of them could be applied in the form of a illustrated story or book. The Pylon press brief would allow me to develop some of these different ideas to a more refined form.




No comments:

Post a Comment