Tuesday 26 February 2013

TASK THREE: CHOICES: ONE: PUFFIN DESIGN AWARD



PUFFIN DESIGN AWARD: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS.

I am Interested in this brief after completing my entry for this years Penguin Design Award for 'The Big Sleep'. With one Book cover design under my belt I am very keen to get more commissions and submissions completed for more potential publications. Despite the extremely competitive nature of this competition I would very much like to enter It.

The Wind in the Willows is a text that I am familiar with and I like the idea of being challenged to come up with a new and fresh idea of the newest publication  of this childhood classic. The important note to be taken from the brief are to have an imaginative and original concept, to execute the design with a strong focus/use of typography and to understand the subject material and market place of book publication. 




These are just a few varied designs from previous publications as well as entries to this year competition. The focus seems to be very character driven, in most cases, maybe a design that does somehow not include the characters could be considered more original.  



No comments:

Post a Comment