Wednesday 20 February 2013

TASK ONE: 'INDY' MIXED MEDIA ILLUSTRATION BY FLORIAN NICOLLE




This awesome mixed media movie art piece was a commission for Warner Brothers studios for a poster and magazine article for the premier of 'Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in May 2008. The genre for this work is mixed media and movie/advertising illustration. 

To work for this client would be a dream job for me. Everyone says the phrase "I love movies" but ask them what year their favourite movie was released and they probably wouldn't have a clue. I have a storng interest in movies which was once bordered on an  obsession.  The notion of mixed media is very intersting to me and is something that I would love to explore over the course of this module. Personally I can see myself mixing paper collage with digital drawings to make unique designs. 

I would really like my work t be viewed by the exact type of audience that this particular client could offer. Essentially people with a very keen interest in cinema. This would push me really hard to come up with a unique and clever design to gain the interest I need to gain a following as an illustrator. 

The techniques, mixed media and themes involved with this piece of work all strongly appeal to me. The work is more unique than most of the other artists I have looked at thus far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment